Back to Browse recipes
- 1/2 box linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 leek, cut in half, cleaned and cut into half moons
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Stir, cooking for 1 minute. Slowly, add the milk; stirring to incorporate the flour. Bring to a simmer and add the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Allow the milk and vegetable mixture to thicken. Remove from the heat; add the linguine and peas, Stir to combine.
- Add the parmesan and lemon and any additional salt and pepper needed.