Back to Browse recipes
Balsamic chicken and vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut in half and into wedges
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup rice
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables. Cook for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables. Cook for about 1 minute or until the vinegar caramelizes onto the chicken and vegetables. Promptly remove from heat (or it will burn).
- Serve with rice.