Back to Browse recipes
Beef and bean chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ lb ground sirloin
- 8 oz button mushroom, small dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup uncooked bulgar
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and carrots. Stir; cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and mushrooms. Break up the beef with the back of a wooden spoon while cooking for 8 minutes
- Add all the spices; stir to incorporate for 1 minute.
- Add the beef stock and bulgar. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Cover and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and garnish with cilantro.