Back to Browse recipes
Beef and coconut stew
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs tri-tip beef, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 carrots, cut into rounds
- 2 red potatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 onion, medium dice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Heat oil over high heat in a large pot. Add beef, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is brown. Add turmeric, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and ginger; stir to coat the meat.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes, cover and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and cilantro.