Back to Browse recipes
Black bean and chicken casserole
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- remaining rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1 yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease an 8 X 8 casserole dish.
- Make the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers, and corn. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, beans, and barbecue sauce. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix half the cheese into the chicken mixture. Place in the greased dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.