Back to Browse recipes
Black bean and tri-pepper tostada
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1 green pepper, small dice
- 1 orange pepper, small dice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4-6 10-inch tortillas
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Add the onions and peppers. Season with salt and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the beans and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil. On middle rack, place the tortillas on a baking tray; spray each tortilla lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the tortillas in the oven for about 3 minutes or until they are browned and a little crunchy.
- Top each tortilla with pepper mixture, salsa and top with cheese.