Back to Browse recipes
Black rice salad
- 2 cups black rice, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, medium dice
- 1 15 oz can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- baby spinach
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the black rice in a medium pot. Add 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer; cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Place the sweet potato and red pepper on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the rice, sweet potatoes, red pepper, cilantro and beans to the bowl. Toss to incorporate the dressing.
- Serve the rice salad over baby spinach.