Back to Browse recipes
Blended vegetable soup with garlic bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, medium dice
- 2 celery, medium dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 carrots, peeled and medium dice
- 1 medium zucchini, medium dice
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1/2 cup cream (optional)
- 1 baguette
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter. Sauté the onions, garlic and celery for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to incorporate for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock, oregano, carrots and zucchini. Bring to a boil; reduce a simmer. Cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking combine 4 tablespoons butter and garlic in a microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted.
- Spread the butter and garlic mixture onto the bread. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Wrap the bread in foil and place it in the oven until the soup is finished.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Allow to cool slightly. Puree the soup with a stick blender, food processor or blender until smooth. Add cream, if using, and salt and pepper.