Back to Browse recipes
Cheesy pasta with broccoli
- 12 oz uncooked rotini or penne pasta
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the pasta according to directions. In the last 3 minutes of cooking add the broccoli florets; drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat whisk the flour and milk. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cheddar, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mix the milk mixture with the pasta and broccoli and top with Parmesan cheese.