Back to Browse recipes
Chicken and orzo soup
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 onion, small chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf rustic bread
- Place the bacon in a large soup pot over medium heat. Cook until crisp; remove from pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, stock, chicken and orzo. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the white beans and rosemary. Remove the chicken and cut into small pieces. Add back to the soup. Garnish with bacon and season with salt and pepper.