Back to Browse recipes
Chicken and rice soup
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, small chop
- 2 celery, small chop
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the stock and water into a large soup pot and bring a light boil or simmer.
- Add the chicken (no need to chop, the whole breast is fine). Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and add the carrots, celery, and onions to the pot. When the chicken is cool enough to cut, shred or cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Add the chicken, frozen vegetables, poultry seasoning and thyme to the pot. Simmer for about 5 minutes.