Back to Browse recipes
Chicken, beans and rice skillet
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, small dice
- 1 yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- leftover rice
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken; brown on all sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add a little oil to the skillet if necessary and add the onions, garlic and peppers to the skillet. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add salt, cumin, chili powder and sausage. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and beans. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the rice.