Back to Browse recipes
Chicken piccata served over rice with garden salad
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup drained capers
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cups rice
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- salad dressing
- Cook 1 cup of rice according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on a plate, coat chicken in flour, set aside (use additional flour to coat lightly, if needed).
- Heat butter in a large skillet, add chicken, brown on both sides. It’s okay if it’s not cooked through yet. If you don’t have enough room in the pan for all the chicken then work in batches, using more oil as necessary.
- When the chicken is brown transfer to a plate.
- Add wine and lemon juice to the skillet, boil for about 30 seconds, add the chicken stock and capers, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add all the chicken to the pan, simmer until cooked through (about 5-10 minutes), add parsley and salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is cooking make the salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber).
- Serve over rice .