Back to Browse recipes
Chicken skillet with winter vegetables
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, cut in half (if they are big cut into quarters)
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the hot skillet.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and remove to a plate.
- If the skillet is dry add 1 additional tablespoon of oil. Place the potatoes into the skillet, cut side down. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the onions, garlic, red pepper and rosemary; stir. Cook for 5 minutes; add the broth; bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook about 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet to finish cooking; about 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir in the peas and the lemon.
- Top with parmesan cheese.