Back to Browse recipes
Chicken with herb-roasted tomatoes and pan sauce served over pasta
- 1 ½ lbs cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence or italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parley, chopped
- 12 oz penne pasta
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil and herbes de provence in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomatoes out on a baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes start to break open. Reduce oven to 350 F.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a large oven proof skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until brown on both sides (don’t worry about cooking the chicken all the way through).
- Add onion and stir, add vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the tomatoes into the skillet and place the skillet in the oven.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken and tomatoes are finishing, cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
- Remove chicken and tomatoes from oven, slice the chicken and add it back to the tomatoes, garnish with parsley.