Back to Browse recipes
Chickpea and vegetable curry pizza
- 1 package naan bread
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Stir for 5 minutes; add the spices and salt and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer.
- Preheat oven to 430 F or preheat grill to medium.
- While the curry is cooking toast the naan bread on a the grill or in the oven for 5 minutes. We are toasting the bread because the topping is very moist and want to create a barrier so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas to the curry. Cover and allow the spinach to wilt; about 3 minutes.
- Equally distribute the curry onto each naan bread. Top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.