Back to Browse recipes
Chili-rubbed salmon with simple salad
- 4, 6oz salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box baby spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- salad dressing
- 2 cups rice
- Cook the rice according to package instructions and keep half for the tomorrow.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil with the chili powder (this helps to hydrate the spices for more flavor and so they won’t burn).
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and rub the chili paste even over one side of the salmon fillets.
- Coat a large oven proof skillet with non-stick spray. Place over medium-high heat. Add the salmon chili paste side down for 2 minutes or until you have significant browning.
- Flip and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare the salad with the remaining ingredients, serve over rice with salmon.