Back to Browse recipes
Chorizo and white bean soup
- 4 oz dry cured chorizo, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 leeks, cleaned, and sliced thinly into half moons
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 15 oz cn diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- Place a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the chorizo; browning on all sides; about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel; set aside.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pot. Add the leeks and carrots. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin and paprika. Stir for 1 minute. ( I like to add dried spices directly to the heat. It toasts them and also helps to incorporate the flavor into the dish)
- Add the tomatoes. Cook for one minute scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the broth, beans and chorizo. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.