Back to Browse recipes
Curried chicken and vegetables
- 1.5 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 medium carrots, medium sliced on a diagonal
- 1 lb baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup rice
- Prepare rice according to instructions on package.
- In a small bowl combine the turmeric, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- In a large pot or saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the bowl of spices; stir to cook the spices for 1 minute. Add ½ cup water and stir to pick up the browned bites on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, peanut butter, and 1 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes; add the broccoli and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.