Back to Browse recipes
Fish sandwiches served with salad
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 head leafy lettuce
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- salad dressing
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. Place flour on a plate. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or other seasoning if desired, to flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge each fillet in the flour. Shake off excess flour and transfer the fillets to the eggs and then to the bread crumbs.
- Place the breaded fish in the hot oil and cook on both sides, about 6 minutes total.
- While the fish is cooking make the salad with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions (reserve some tomatoes, onions and lettuce for the sandwich), carrots and cucumber.
- Cut the baguette into 4 pieces
- Spread the tzatziki mixture on the baguette, top with fish, tomatoes, onions and lettuce.