Back to Browse recipes
Grilled chicken with curried couscous, spinach and mango
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (less if you want a milder flavor)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 box baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and transfer to an oven safe dish, cover with foil, place in the oven to continue cooking or about 10 minutes or until juices run clear (you could also grill the chicken).
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet, add the onion, ginger and curry powder. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, stir to pick up the browned bits
- Add the couscous and 1 cup of water to the skillet.
- remove the skillet from the heat and cover for 5 minutes while the couscous cooks
- Remove the lid, stir in the spinach, mango and parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the couscous on the plates. Slice the chicken to place on top of the couscous and garnish with almonds.