Grilled personal pizzas with veggies
This recipe was designed to be used as part of a weekly meal plan where grilled vegetables, cooked earlier in the week, are used on this pizza. However, pizza is flexible so any of your favorite toppings, or leftover veggies stowed away in your fridge will work! Personalized grilled pizzas are fun meals to prepare in warm summer months.
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough
- leftover grilled vegetables
- 1 jar pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda
- 2 tablespoon basil, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece into an 8 inch circle (less if you want a thicker pizza).
- Brush one side of the dough with olive oil and place oil side down on the grill. Repeat with the remaining dough. Close the lid (or cover) and grill for 2-5 minutes. Keep an eye on the dough as it burns fast.
- Open the lid and brush more oil on top of the dough. Flip and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and place on a baking tray with the crispier side facing up. Lower the grill to low heat.
- Spread sauce on the pizzas followed by the vegetables and cheese.
- Return to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.