Back to Browse recipes
Lemon-herb pasta with artichokes and green beans
- dried fusilli pasta, 1 bag
- 10 oz fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- ½ cup basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the green beans to the boiling water. Drain when the pasta is finished cooking.
- Blend the parsley, basil, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic in a food processor (can also chop by hand). Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pulse until combined. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the artichokes, sauté for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the cooked pasta and beans back to the pot with 1 cup of chicken broth. Add the herb and artichoke mixture to the pasta. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.