Back to Browse recipes
Lemony seafood risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, core removed and small dice
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 sea scallops
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Place the chicken stock in a medium sauce pan over low heat to warm.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and fennel. Sauté until onion is translucent. About 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and paprika stir to toast for 1 minute. Add the white wine and allow to reduce to half; about 1 minute. Add 1 cup chicken stock. Stir over medium-low heat until the rice absorbs the stock. Continue to add stock 1-2 cups at a time until the rice is tender. You don’t need to stir the rice constantly, every minute or so is fine.
- When the rice seems close to done (about 10 minutes) add in the frozen vegetables and mix. Then add the seafood, parsley, lemon zest, juice. Cover and reduce heat to low. Allow the seafood to cook; about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.