Back to Browse recipes
Lentil feta salad
- 1 cup of French lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 stalk celery, small dice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, small dice
- ½ green pepper, small dice
- ¾ bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 ½ lemons)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of feta, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ English cucumber, diced.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Bring a medium saucepan of chicken stock to boil. Add lentils. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until lentils are tender (keep an eye on the lentils, as they’ll overcook very fast). Drain, and rinse lentils under cold water, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine lentils, celery, onion, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, and rosemary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Drizzle over lentil mixture.
- Add feta, and stir gently to incorporate. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Leftovers can be eaten at room temperature for lunch.