Back to Browse recipes
Mexican rice with shrimp
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tomatoes, core removed and diced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic; stir for 2 minutes and add the rice. Cook for 1 minute and add the tomato paste. Coat the rice in the tomato paste for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cover again for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.