Back to Browse recipes
Panko-crusted halibut or cod and sauteed green beans
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb halibut or cod fillet, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread and butter pickles
- 2 teaspoons minced capers
- Half lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place milk and eggs in a bowl, whisk together.
- Add fish and gently mix.
- Place the panko, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the fish to the panko one at a time letting some of the egg mixture drip off. Coat the fish in the panko.
- Place on a greased baking tray, cook for about 10 minutes or until fish is heated through.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat, add green beans. Sauté until the beans begin to brown. Add 1/2 cup water and allow the beans to continue cooking until the water evaporates (it should take about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper (if they’re not finished cooking, add 1/4 cup more water).
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, pickles and capers in a small bowl to make the tartar sauce.
- Serve the fish sticks with the tartar sauce and green beans.