Back to Browse recipes
Spiced Israeli couscous with shrimp
- 1.5 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, minced
- Combine all the shrimp marinade ingredients, add the shrimp, and set aside.
- For the couscous, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes, add the couscous, stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add the tomatoes, stir until they begin to pop or wilt.
- Add the shrimp and the marinade to the tomatoes. Cook until shrimp turn pink and mixture is boiling. Remove from heat, add the parsley and basil.
- Fluff the couscous, divide among plates, top with tomato shrimp mixture, garnish with parmesan.