Back to Browse recipes
Steak and broccoli stir-fry
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 broccoli crowns cut into 1-inch florets
- 4 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Prepare rice according to instructions on package.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the steak, cook quickly on both sides, about 1 minute total. Transfer the meat to a plate. If you can’t fit all the meat in the skillet at the same time then work in batches.
- Add the remaining oil, broccoli, mushrooms, onions and ginger. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the hoisin, water, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce to the stir-fry. Cook until broccoli is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and any juices, mix and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Serve over rice.