Back to Browse recipes
Steak sandwiches with simple salad
- 1 lb top sirloin streak
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 jar pesto
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 fresh baguette
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato
- salad dressing
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil on a grill pan or skillet. Slice in advance and then quickly cook, stir-fry style, about 1-2 minutes on each side (you can also leave the steak whole and intact and slice after cooking if you prefer to better control the temperature for rare or medium rare steak).
- Remove from heat to rest. Add the remaining oil to the grill pan. Add the peppers and onions. Cook until soft and a little charred on the ends.
- Combine 4 tablespoon pesto with the mayonnaise. Spread onto both sides of a sliced baguette. Add the steak to the baguette. Add the pepper and onion to the baguette.
- Prepare lettuce and tomato salad. Cut the baguette into sandwiches and serve with salad.