Back to Browse recipes
Stuffed chicken breasts with roasted potatoes
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup smoked gouda
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, dried on a paper towel
- 1 bag mini potatoes, cut in half
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Toss with 4 teaspoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast by placing your knife parallel to the cutting board and slicing down the length of the chicken. Only cut 3/4 of the way through the breast.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the spinach and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until wilted; about 3 minutes and set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In each chicken breast place a little spinach, smoked gouda, 1 red pepper, and 2 basil leaves. Close the chicken breasts.
- Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish. Place the chicken into the dish and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake along side potatoes for 20 minutes or until cooked through.