Back to Browse recipes
Stuffed poblano peppers
- 8 poblano peppers
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar mango salsa
- 1/2 cup rice (cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups queso fresco, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place poblanos on a baking sheet and in the oven for 20 minutes. When finished set aside.
- While the peppers are cooking heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Add the turkey and salt; cook until browned.
- When the turkey is cooked add the salsa to the meat mixture. Remove from heat and stir in the queso and rice.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each poblano and stuff with meat mixture. Place the peppers back on the baking sheet (it might be more helpful to use a baking dish).
- Place peppers back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.