- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the core from the tomatoes, remove the seeds with a spoon, place upside down on a baking tray.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. SautÃ© for 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, using a spoon to break up the large pieces, cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- add the oregano, panko and half the cheese
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish, season the insides with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the tomatoes and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake the tomatoes for about 20-30 minutes.