Back to Browse recipes
Sweet and sour chicken with bell peppers and noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package precooked noodles, any variety
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken. Sauté until browned; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to skillet; add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and add the sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with noodles (follow package instructions to prepare).