Back to Browse recipes
Teriyaki beef on lettuce and rice
- 1 cup rice
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup teriyaki stir-fry sauce
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 baby boy choy, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peel and grated
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 romaine leaves, trimmed and washed
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and brown, breaking into smaller pieces as you work. Cook until no longer pink and then stir in the ginger and garlic. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and milk, bring to a simmer and allow to thicken. Add the carrots and boy choy. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes, stir in lime juice and scallions.
- Place a little rice in each leaf (if the leaves are really big you can cut in half), topped with some beef.