Back to Browse recipes
Teriyaki chicken with pineapple and rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4-6 chicken cutlets
- 4 pineapple slices
- Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, dry sherry, brown sugar and ginger. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Make the rice according to package instructions.
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the chicken; reserve the marinade. Cook on both sides, about 4 minutes per side until done. Reduce the heat as needed. The marinade has sugar in it so it will burn quickly.
- Grill the pineapple on both sides.
- Add the reserved marinade to a small sauce pan. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over rice with sliced pineapple. Drizzle the boiled marinade over the chicken.