Back to Browse recipes
Thai curry with chicken and vegetables
- 1 cup rice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large carrot, very thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the chicken, browning on all sides.
- Remove chicken from the wok; it doesn’t have to be cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the wok. Bring to a boil and add the red pepper and carrot. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken. Continue simmering until chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
- Serve over rice topped with cilantro.