Back to Browse recipes
Thai shrimp and asparagus with wild rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut in half and into strips
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon red curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups wild rice blend
- Make rice according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl combine the curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- In a large skillet or wok heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp; cooking for 1 minutes on each side. Remove the shrimp from the heat to a plate.
- Add the asparagus, red pepper and onion to the skillet. Stir-fry for 5 minutes; add the garlic and ginger. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add the coconut mixture; bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp and continue to simmer until shrimp are cooked through; about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.