Back to Browse recipes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon Italian spices
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz rotini (whole wheat or white)
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1, 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained of juices
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- Combine the flour, salt, Italian spices, milk and water in a large sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the rotini to the pot, stir and cover. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10; stirring often. When the pasta is almost done add the broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes; stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, parmesan, parsley and rosemary.