Back to Browse recipes
Turkey Sloppy Joe’s
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, small dice
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 lb ground turkey meat (half white and half dark)
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce or tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt (only add the salt if your grill seasoning is salt-free)
- hamburger buns
- 1 box salad greens
- salad dressing
- 4 oz raspberries
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add the turkey, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- While the turkey is cooking, in a small bowl combine the grill seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tomato purée (or marinara sauce) and mustard. Add it to the turkey mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the corn and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toasted buns with side salad with berries.