1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Ownership and License
Chop Chop Go owns and operates this website. The information, recipes, data, text, software, photographs, and other information and materials of the website are protected by United States copyright and trademark law, and other applicable laws. Chop Chop Go grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the website, provided that you do not:
- i. modify, copy or use the materials except as expressly authorized by Chop Chop Go;
- ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Chop Chop Go’s website;
- iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Chop Chop Go at any time. Upon termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Account Registration
Access to and use of password protected or secure areas of the website is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to prosecution.
4. Cancellation and Termination
If you cancel your account with the website, your cancellation may take effect immediately. After cancellation, you may no longer have access to your website and we may delete all of your user information. We accept no liability for such deleted information or content.
5. Chop Chop Go On-Line Grocery Platform
Chop Chop Go provides this website as a service to you, as our registered user, so that you can review recipes and compile a grocery list based on those recipes, and to facilitate ordering those items on that grocery list from certain merchants. When you order those items, you are ordering from those merchants, not from Chop Chop Go. You may be asked to establish a relationship with the merchant prior to ordering, and you may be subject to other terms or restrictions established by those merchants. In fact, your relationship with the merchants is governed by any agreement you have with that merchant. While Chop Chop Go strives to facilitate the relationship between you and a merchant, Chop Chop Go is not a party to that relationship and has no liability to either party for any transactions, whether completed or failed.
By providing Chop Chop Go with the information required to access your account on a merchant website, you understand that Chop Chop Go will access, retrieve and store information from and through your account with that merchant website in order to make it available and viewable through the Chop Chop Go website, and you authorize Chop Chop Go to perform those actions.
6. Submitted Content
Chop Chop Go does not claim ownership of any materials you make available through the website. At Chop Chop Go’s sole discretion, such materials may be included on the website in whole or in part or in a modified form. With respect to such materials you submit or make available for inclusion on the website, you grant to Chop Chop Go a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such materials. You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that any materials you provide do not include anything (including, but not limited to, text, images, music or video) to which you do not have the full right to grant the license.
7. Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the website without our express written permission.
The website may provide users with the ability to post messages on the website. Chop Chop Go is under no obligation to review any messages, information or content (“Postings”) posted on the website by users and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, Chop Chop Go may from time to time monitor the Postings on the website and may remove or decline to accept Postings. You understand and agree not to use any functionality provided by the website to post content or initiate communications that contain:
- i. Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- ii. Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- iii. Impersonate others or provide any kind of false information.
- iv. Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
- v. Messages by non-spokesperson employees of Chop Chop Go purporting to speak on behalf of Chop Chop Go or containing confidential information or expressing opinions concerning Chop Chop Go.
- vi. Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
- vii. Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point.
- viii. Chain letters of any kind.
- ix. Identical (or substantially similar) messages to multiple recipients advertising any product or service, expressing a political or other similar message, or any other type of unsolicited commercial message.
- x. Any content prohibited by Chop Chop Go.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty
ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE IS LINKED (A “LINKED SITE”) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY.
CHOP CHOP GO DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR (A) THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN CHOP CHOP GO, (B) ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON LINKED SITES OR (C) THE CAPABILITIES OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE.
OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL CHOP CHOP GO BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, OR USER’S RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT.
10. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Chop Chop Go and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Chop Chop Go has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from use of the website, content or any related services.
You agree to indemnify and hold Chop Chop Go (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, or arising out of or related to your breach of these terms, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
12. Termination Policy
We reserve the right to decide whether Postings are appropriate and comply with these terms for violations other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. We may remove such Postings or terminate a registered user’s account at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion.
Cause for termination includes, without limitation, breaches or violations of these terms or other website guidelines, requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, a request by you, unexpected technical or security issues or problems, and extended periods of inactivity. You agree that any termination of your access to this website or any portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Chop Chop Go is not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination.
Chop Chop Go may in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to this website, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
13. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Content or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- i. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- ii. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- iii. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- iv. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- v. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- vi. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The contact information for our designated Copyright Agent is available to receive notifications of claimed infringement is Chop Chop Go, Inc., P.O. Box 1844, Orinda, CA 94563. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Investigation and Response. Once our Copyright Agent receives a valid DMCA Copyright Claim Notice alleging that infringing materials are being distributed by the Site, we will use reasonable efforts to investigate the complaint in a timely manner and respond to the complaint. Our investigation may involve communication with the registered user accused of uploading or publishing the infringing material and evaluation of a counter-notice submitted by that registered user, if applicable. Our response may include removing the alleged infringing material or disabling access to that material. Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Posting that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your Posting, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- i. Your physical or electronic signature;
- ii. Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- iii. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- iv. Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
Copy of Counter-Notice. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the subject Posting or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the registered user responsible for that Posting, that Posting may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
14. External Links
Chop Chop Go has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site. By providing links to other sites, Chop Chop Go does not endorse, approve or guarantee the information, recipes or products available on these external sites. Use of any such linked web site is at the your own risk and responsibility.
These terms and the relationship between you and Chop Chop Go shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Chop Chop Go agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within San Francisco, California. The failure of Chop Chop Go to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of the website, superseding any prior agreements (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of these terms).